The Quilted Cave

Ramblings from everyone's favorite quilted super-hero.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Tourney Fun

I'm not sure why but I've always enjoyed tournaments. I prefer video game tournaments but any sort of tourney will do. Card tournaments, chess tournaments, drinking tournaments (though never actualized I had a fun idea for combining a drinking game with a gamecube and a shot glass) X (where X is something) tournaments, etc. Something about the nature of tournaments appeals to me (much more than one on one contests). Maybe it's because it's a higher level of challenge or something but I think there's more to it than that.

I haven't been invovled in a whole lot of tournaments in my life time but I generally do pretty well (Even thoguh I don't always win I've got a good number of second places under my belt). Even if I do poorly however I still enjoy the whole tournament atmosphere.

That was one of the big reasons that X-Box (and X-Box Live) started making its way up the list of things I want last year (back when I had high-speed internet). There are a lot of tournaments for a wide variety of games using X-Box Live.

I'm interested in getting involved in some tournaments again but I'm not really sure where to find them. I don't really know many gamers around here making even a 8 person mini-tournament highly unlikely. And there's not really any company or store that is likely to be hosting any tournaments. I'm curious as to the existence of tournaments online using various emulators (be there for NES, SNES or what have you). Given how popular emulators are and given that they do support online play it seems like a logical continuation for there to be at least some tournaments out there. Perhaps something I should look into one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home